First and foremost, as we begin the season of
capitalist excess joy and gift-giving, I wanted to let you know that my online store (featuring my printed books Double or Nothing and Parallax, plus several printed standalone patterns) will be allowing Media Mail as a shipping option for only the next week. On Dec 1, the option will be going away in favor of Priority Mail for the month of December only. In my experience, during the postal chaos of the Christmas season, Priority packages have a lower occurrence of loss or damage than others. So if you want to save money on (shipping for) a book for yourself or for a loved one, order before the end of the month! (Media mail will return as a shipping option in January)
Now, looking forward to 2018 …
Here in New England, Summer has given way precipitously to Fall, with Winter coming soon, so it seems a little strange to be thinking about Spring already. Spring, in the vernacular of the knitting teacher, is a little misleading: my Spring season starts in January. So here’s the list of my appearances in 2018 so far:
- January 12-14, NYC: I’ll be teaching a couple of intro DK workshops at Vogue Knitting Live. Also, my good friend Diane is bringing Lady Dye Yarns to Vogue for the first time, so check her out if you’re there.
- January 20, Epsom, NH: I’ll be doing an intro workshop for the NH Spinners & Dyers’ Guild
- February 22-25, Santa Clara, CA: I’ll be returning to Stitches West and teaching (among other things) two BRAND NEW workshops on double-knit intarsia and double-knit entrelac!
- March 22-25, Hartford, CT: I’ll be teaching a few workshops at Stitches United.
- April 6-8, Pittsburgh, PA: I’ll be making my triumphant return to the Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival
- April 27-28, Minneapolis, MN: I’ll be back at Yarnover for my second year!
- May 2-6, West Friendship, MD: I’ll be teaching a series of workshops at Maryland Sheep & Wool (precise timing TBA)
- June 13, Warwick, RI: I’ll be teaching an intro workshop and doing a presentation to the Ocean State Knitting Guild.
- More to come soon, probably — I’ll keep you posted! For more details on any of these, visit my Events Calendar.
Am I not coming to a convenient location for you? Do you have a LYS or guild that might like to bring me in? Get in touch and let’s talk! I’ve got a few weekends still open for the Spring 2018 season.
Finally, the book project
I haven’t stopped working on Extreme Double-knitting. I know I’m behind on the updates. I’ll get a new one up soon, but I’ve been traveling, teaching, and also suffering from a sprained wrist due to a minor bicycle accident. I’ve been unable to maintain the level of progress I would have liked. However, my schedule is solidifying beginning next week and I anticipate that I will be able to dedicate more time to this project. As before, if you’d like to be among the first to hear when the book is ready for preorder, please join my temporary EDK announcement email list. This list will be used once or twice to make announcements — then will be retired. So you won’t see any traffic until sometime in early 2018. For more granular progress, just keep an eye on this blog. And thanks!