This is just a quick note to mention a policy change on the BuildingBlox virtual workshops. These workshops exist at an intersection between two business models: live virtual workshops, and tutorial videos. After a couple of emails and some soul-searching, I decided to remove the expiration date on the workshop recordings. Previously, I was offering recordings of workshops for a year, which is generous for recordings of a workshop you took, but in the context of tutorial videos you purchased (think Craftsy, Teachable, etc), somewhat less than generous. It makes little sense to treat the two things differently, so I opted for the more generous option.
Most places where you buy access to video workshop recordings offer “lifetime access”. I’m not exactly doing that, but I will guarantee access as long as Fallingblox Designs and the BuildingBlox virtual workshops last. Given that I have no plans to retire either my main knitting design business or my virtual workshop platform, this will have to suffice for “lifetime access”. I am working on a FAQ which has more info, if you’d like to check that out.
Bottom line: if you take a workshop with me, or buy a workshop recording, you’ll have access to the recording “forever” (for some definition of eternity).
Also, now that my brain is feeling less fuzzy, I’m going to drop in a full list of my workshops in 2023 (thus far) here. All times are in Eastern (US) time unless otherwise specified:
BuildingBlox Virtual Workshops (Winter/Spring 2023 season)
- Sat, Jan 14, 2-5pm: Advanced Beginner Double-knitting
- Sat, Jan 21, 2-5pm: Two-pattern Double-knitting
- Sat, Feb 25, 2-5pm: Multi-color Double-knitting
- Sun, Feb 26, 2-5pm: Traveling Stitches in Double-knitting
- Sat, Mar 18, 2-5pm: Double-knitting Off the Grid
- Sat, Mar 25, 2-5pm: Reverse Double-knitting
- Sun, Mar 26, 2-5pm: Double-knitting Lace
- Sat, May 13, 2-5pm: Slip-stitch Double-knitting
- Sun, May 14, 2-5pm: Double-knitting Intarsia
- Sun, May 27, 2-5pm: Double-knitting Cables
Maryland Sheep & Wool Virtual Winterfest
- Sat, Jan 28, 10am-12pm: Introduction to Double-knitting
- Sat, Jan 28, 2-4pm: Designing Two-pattern Double-knitting
- Sun, Jan 29, 2-4pm: Advanced Beginner Double-knitting
- Sun, Jan 29, 7-9pm: Reverse Double-knitting
Vogue Knitting Live (NYC)
- Fri, Feb 10, 2-5pm: Introduction to Double-knitting (sold out)
- Fri, Feb 10, 6-9pm: Reverse Double-knitting
- Sat, Feb 11, 2-5pm: Multi-color Double-knitting
- Sat, Feb 11, 6-9pm: Introduction to Double-knitting
Red Alder Fiber Arts Retreat (Tacoma, WA)
All times are in Pacific (US) time:
- Thu, Feb 16, 1:30-4:30pm: Introduction to Double-knitting
- Fri, Feb 17, 9am-12pm: Designing Two-pattern Double-knitting
- Fri, Feb 17, 1:30-4:30pm: Transitions in Textured Double-knitting
- Sat, Feb 18, 9am-12pm: Double-knitting Off the Grid
- Sat, Feb 18, 1:30-4:30pm: Double-knitting Cables & Colorwork
- Sun, Feb 19, 9am-12pm: Single-layer Double-knitting Lace
- Sun, Feb 19, 1:30-4:30pm: Introduction to Double-knitting
There are more workshops to come, so stay tuned.
In Other News
In honor of the season (but also all other gifting opportunities throughout the year), I’ve created a gift-card system on my site. You can now buy a gift card (of any value, thanks to my existing “name-your-price” system) for a friend or loved one and send it directly to them at a particular date, or just have it sent to you for printing. They can redeem it as a guest or a regular customer; customers with accounts can even store gift card value on their account for later use!
Thanks for your interest,
Alasdair Post-Quinn, “Softwear Engineer”, Fallingblox Designs